Registration is Now Open for the Race for the Cure

 Registration is Now Open for the Race for the Cure

 Registration is Now Open for the Race for the Cure

It’s never too soon to line up for the Race for the Cure. Photo by Lee Krohn.

It’s never too soon to line up for the Race for the Cure. Photo by Lee Krohn.

Are you planning to join the throng of runners and walkers at the 22nd annual Komen Vermont Race for the Cure on Saturday, September 20, to take place at Hildene Meadows in Manchester?  If so, you can beat the rush and mark at least one item off your busy summertime to-do list by registering now or forming your team at komenvtnh.org.

Part race, part festival, part rally and all heart, the Race for the Cure is a 10K Run and a 5K Run/Walk to benefit the Susan G. Komen Vermont-New Hampshire affiliate. The Race annually draws women, men and children from up and down the east coast to run, walk, amble and mingle in beautiful Vermont.  Good friends, great food, ice cream, an incredible silent auction and an expanded array of fun activities for kids will be the order of the day.

Through events like the Komen Vermont Race for the Cure, the VT-NH affiliate has netted more than $8.7 million in 21 years. Of that, more than $6.5 million – 75% of the monies raised – underwrote breast cancer education, screening and treatment within the states of Vermont and New Hampshire; the remaining 25%, more than $2 million, was dedicated to breast cancer research. For more information, call 802-362-2733 or visit komenvtnh.org.

0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.