Historic Church Opens for Summer
The historic Saint John’s Episcopal Church will reopen as a summer chapel with Service of Evening Prayer to be held at 4: p.m. on Saturdays, June 11, July 2 and August 13, led by local Episcopal clergy and enhanced by the rich notes of the original 1860s William Nutting hand-pumped organ accompanying hymns. Light refreshments will be available after worship in the garden, weather permitting. Located on Route 140 in East Poultney, the Church has been untouched and unchanged since the early 1800s. It is located across from the village green, which is dominated by the stately United Baptist Church. For information, call Reverend William Davidson at 518- 499-1850.