Ride for the Cure, Oct. 14

Ride for the Cure, Oct. 14

Ride for the Cure, Oct. 14

Komen Vermont New Hampshire – the Race for the Cure people – holds its fourth annual equine themed fund raising event, the Vermont Ride for the Cure, on Monday, Columbus Day, October 14, hosted by the Green Mountain Horse Association (GMHA) in South Woodstock, Vermont.

The Ride, which will traverse ten miles of forested trails maintained by GMHA and private landowners, will leave from, and eventually return to, GMHA’s extraordinary facility in South Woodstock, starting at 9:30 a.m.

Over the course of the day, riders will travel through some of the most beautiful country in central Vermont, including parts of Woodstock, Reading and Hartland, during the peak of Vermont’s legendary fall foliage season.

“In 2012 we had 117 riders” says Lois Steele Whidden, Ride Chair and three-time breast cancer survivor.  “Each rider commits to raising a minimum of $250. Many bring in more.

Get your pink on and enjoy the ride at the Ride for the Cure, page 7. Jane Sobel Klonsky Photography

Get your pink on and enjoy the ride
at the Ride for the Cure, page 7.
Jane Sobel Klonsky Photography

Last year, Christine Giddings, took top honors as the Ride’s Platinum Rider for her field-topping sum of $4,050. All together we raised $57,494, 75% of which stayed local for breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The remaining 25% went to breast cancer research. The same allocation will hold for this year’s ride, which is being capped at 150 riders.”

Prizes will be awarded for Pinkest Horse – a  perennial favorite – and top fundraising categories.

Online registration is open through midnight, October 9. Riders may register on Ride Day, October 14, from 8 on (the minimum $250 donation is due on Ride Day). Complete ride requirements and registration forms are available online at komenvtnh.org.

Learn more about the Ride’s host and presenting sponsor, the Green Mountain Horse Association, at gmhainc.org.

More information on the Vermont Ride for the Cure and other efforts to find a cure for breast cancer can be found online at komenvtnh.org.

For more information about Susan G. Komen for the Cure, breast health or breast cancer, visit komen.org or call 1-877-GO-KOMEN.

0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.