See Vermont’s Champion White Ash

See Vermont’s Champion White Ash

See Vermont’s Champion White Ash

Pinnacle’s gigantic champion ash was a measurement stretch for these enthusiastic hikers.

By popular request, there will be a free springtime hike to the largest white ash tree in Vermont on Saturday, May 20, from 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon. (The rain date is the following day at 10.) Since the tree is not easy to find, longtime Pinnacle Association volunteers Arthur and Carol Westing will lead hikers to it. Forester Arthur Westing will discuss the characteristics of a Vermont forest and the factors that affect the health of this truly remarkable specimen, which should be on display in all its leafy glory.  Re-verified at the beginning of 2014 by Windham County Forester Bill Guenther of the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks & Recreation, the tree grew in the ten years since its last measurement and charted a circumference of 205.2 inches and a height of 113 feet, thereby beating out two other Westminster giants.  Participants should wear hiking shoes, bring water and meet at the Westminster West Church to carpool to the trailhead. Visit windmillhillpinnacle.org for directions. Email westing@sover.net for further details and registration.

9 Comments

1. Pedro Nicolas 2 years ago

Eu sou verdadeiramente apreciando o design e o layout
    de seu blog . É um muito fácil sobre os olhos, que o
    torna muito mais agradável para eu vir aqui e visitar mais vezes.
    Você contratou para fora um designer para criar seu tema?

Fantástico !

2. Fidelia 1 year ago

Thank you for this fantastic article. The info has already aided me with
    mmy project where I was stuck and really did not recognize what to do as next
    step. Expecting your following messages!

3. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark
    your blog and check again here regularly. I’m quite certain I’ll learn a
    lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the
    next!

4. Tammy 1 year ago

Hi there just wanteⅾ to ցiᴠe you ɑ quick heads ᥙp.
    The text in your аrticle seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
    I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to
    do witһ web browser compɑtibility Ƅut I thought I’d post to ⅼet you know.
    The design look great though! Hopе you get the problem solᴠed soon.
    Thanks

5. lifestyle V20 7 months ago

Ted noticed his cousin who hhe not noticed in years, and
    so they saved in touch for approximately a decade aftter that.

So begin by eating fruits and veggies & vegetables, liver organ,
    and high protein foods. Upon waking, preepare a couple of servings of oatmeal in a big
    glass plate, and mix a tad bit more compared to a teaspoon of
    cinnamon, then fridge it.

6. deposbobet.net 4 months ago

Can you tell us more about this? I’d love to find out some additional information.

7. justpaste.it 3 months ago

Nutritional deficiencies associated with depression include omega-3 fatty acids,
    vitamin D, magnesium, B vitamins and minerals (zinc, selenium, iodine, iron, calcium) and amino acids that act as precursors to neurotransmitters.

8. topxxi.com 3 months ago

Enjoyed looking at this, very good stuff, thank you.

9. Caleb 2 months ago

At this time I am going to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast coming again to read
    additional news.