Teams Come on Strong for Race for the Cure

Teams Come on Strong for Race for the Cure

Teams Come on Strong for Race for the Cure

Seamus O’Dowden’s Public House team members posing with Miss Vermont 2012, Chelsea Ingram, are one of many teams participating in the Race for the Cure

Seamus O’Dowden’s Public House team members posing with Miss Vermont 2012, Chelsea Ingram, are one of many teams participating in the Race for the Cure

Team efforts for the Komen Vermont Race for the Cure, Saturday, September 21, at Hildene Meadows in Manchester, is alive and well. There are to date 35 teams, ranging in size from 1 to 41. Twenty-two teams are returnees, and 13 are new to the Race. Team fundraising is responsible for close to $9,600 of the total dollars raised to date.

Three teams have raised over $1000: Lynnsanity-Lynnspiration (over $2000), BBA XC (over $1500) and Team Severance (over $1000). Three more have raised $600 and over each: Two Full Cups (over $900), Sister Supporters (over $700) and The Z Team (over $600). One of these teams will likely achieve the title of 2013 Top Overall Fundraising Team.

It’s not too late to form a team.Visit komenvtnh.org to register, name your team, then recruit and fundraise!  If you can’t make it, select a team to support and make a donation.  As ever, 75% of monies raised stays local to benefit breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs; the remaining 25% is devoted to breast cancer research. For information about Susan G. Komen for the Cure, breast health or breast cancer, visit komen.org.

0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.