Teams Forming Now for Vermont Race for the Cure

Teams Forming Now for Vermont Race for the Cure

Teams Forming Now for Vermont Race for the Cure

Miss Vermont, Rylee Field, is teaming up with Ray’s Girls for the Komen Vermont Race for the Cure.

Miss Vermont, Rylee Field, is teaming up with Ray’s Girls for the Komen Vermont Race for the Cure.

The 24th annual Vermont Race for the Cure is Saturday, July 23, and hundreds will be coming together Riley Rink at Hunter Park in Manchester to support breast cancer research and education. Many of those individuals will be on a team. Team members will take part in the 10K Run, 5K Run or 5K Walk to honor or remember someone. For some it is a loved family member or friend, for others it may be a co-worker, and for others it is just because they feel the cause is important. Whatever the reason, there is strength in numbers. Team members make up more than half of the race’s participation, and more than half of the fundraising is done by team members. And 75 percent of all monies raised directly benefit Vermont and New Hampshire women and families touched by breast cancer, while the remaining 25 percent is dedicated to breast cancer research.

“Forming a team, or joining an existing team, is as easy as going to komenvtnh.org and following the prompts,” said Linda Maness, co-chair for the Race. “Everything that captains need to do, and how, when, and where to do it, it’s all online. And if somebody’d like to join a team but they’ve got a prior commitment, or maybe they’d just rather not do the walk or run, they can join and register as a ‘Virtual Runner.’” While she’s often captained her own teams in the past, Maness will be among the throng of women, including Rylee Field, Miss Vermont 2016, joining Ray’s Girls, the team captained by 90-year-old Ray Smith. For more information, call 802-362-2733 or visit komenvtnh.org.

0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*